Pages

Thursday 31 December 2020

KS Camping Ground Sites

Hey people! It's your girl! Anyway, today for the Summer Learning Journey activity, we did a maths activity! It was all about area! What we had to do is colour the squares where we wanted the tents to be! 

First we started from small rectangles, to big rectangles! Then we had to find out what campsite would make the most money because each night when the people stay at the campsite, they get charged $15! So, we had to find the biggest campsite, count the boxes, and times that by 15. We had to work it out on Jamboard! 

Jamboard is something where you can work out new things and you will know all the steps in seconds! I learnt how to do everything in just one day! I think you guys should try it out! Just search up jamboard.google.com or go and press this link ⇨ Jamboard 

Here are my slides we used to do this! Please look underneath this text! (don't even know why I say that...).

 

So, did you like it? Please reply down in the comments section below! Do you think area is fun? Please answer this question! I will see you guys tomorrow (if I can bring my chromebook to the hotels)! 

Until now, Peace Out ^.^

1 comment:

  1. Mōrena Nishka,

    Fiona here from the Summer Learning Journey team. Happy New Year to you and welcome to 2021!

    Great work completing the Camping Ground activity all about area - ka pai! You have done a great job highlighting the tent sites and the toilet block to work out the amount of money that can be made. Awesome math!

    I think if I were camping at this campground, I would like the tent configuration on slide 4 the most because it looks less crowded. Do you ever go camping?

    I enjoyed this activity and learning about measurement and area in a real life context. I’m so glad you did too!

    Mā te wā - I can’t wait to see your other posts over the summer.

    Fiona (SLJ).

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post