Pages

Thursday 24 December 2020

Building a Dam!

Hey Bloggers! Today for the Summer Learning Journey blog post, we are Building a Dam. A Dam is something humans and beavers make. They use this to control the water flow (I think). Anyway, today it was raining so I couldn't go outside to get any materials like sticks or stones. 

Mum had the idea of using lego but I used something called Google Slide Drawings. I use this presentation to practice my drawings that I have done and get better at them! I also used this slide to make my Optical Illusions! I didn't want to show my slides because I was to nervous, I know I am pretty bad at art so I use this slide to practice. 

Please look at my picture underneath this text!

So this is my picture. The brown things are the Dam made out of sticks! Then those orange things are the fish! The fish are having a race. They are going around and around 3 times. 

These 3 fishes have already gone around 2 times so the have one more lap! =================================So, did you like my blog post? Please reply to me! I will see you guys on my next blog post! Bye! =================================

Peace Out Peeps!

5 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Nishka,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter from the Summer Learning Journey.

    This activity was fun as you had to put on your thinkers cap and find materials that are natural and sturdy enough to form a dam, using beavers as inspiration is a great idea as they are natures dam builders!

    I think your design looks great and sturdy and I am sure it would hold up well assuming that the sticks are held together well. I like your creative ideas on how you could have built your own dam, using lego would have been a fun idea but your google drawing also looks great, don't be embarrassed to share your drafts as they are important to see the process you went through to make your awesome final product.

    What would you have made your dam out of if you had to use materials from your backyard?

    Merry Christmas, Keep up the great work and I hope to see more of your posts over the summer.

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zana! Thank you for commenting on my blog post!

      If it wasn't raining outside that day then I would have got some leaves, sticks, rocks (since we have a lot), and probably nothing else. I would use these materials because I think it would build secure and strong dam!

      What materials would you use to make your dam?

      Thank you very much,
      - Nishka
      (Sorry, I meant to do a reply to you, not a comment. Sorry)...

      Delete
  2. Hi Zana! Thank you for commenting on my blog post!

    If it wasn't raining outside that day then I would have got some leaves, sticks, rocks (since we have a lot), and probably nothing else. I would use these materials because I think it would build secure and strong dam!

    What materials would you use to make your dam?

    Thank you very much,
    - Nishka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nishka,
      I would probably use similar materials like big logs and big rocks and maybe some moss or leaves to block up any holes.
      - Zana

      Delete
    2. Hi Zana,

      I would also definitely use the same materials that you are using. If I were to get leaves, I would make sure they aren't crunchy and make sure you can't easily crush them into little pieces. I would get some leaves that aren't crunchy.

      Would you rather recommend crunchy leaves or ones that you can't easily crush to make a strong, secure dam? Please reply to my reply/comment!

      Thank you very much,
      - Nishka

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post