Pages

Wednesday 16 December 2020

Tānerore

Hey everyone! I am Nishka and today I am going to be showing you some of my artwork we had to do for the Summer Learning Journey! This was really fun to make! What the artwork is call is Kowhaiwhai!

Anyway, the reason why I named this blog post Tānerore is because it is the sun of Tāmanui and is another word for shimmering air. As Tānerore does his haka for his own caring mother. 

Now that I have told you some information about why I named my blog post "Tānerore", let me show you guys my Kowhaiwhai art! Please look at my picture underneath this text!

I am proud of this because I took my time and I didn't rush. I don't really like showing my artwork in public because it is kind of embarrassing but I thought I should give it a shot.  

So, what my mistakes were was accidentally writing the wrong title and drawing the two middle drawings close to each other. I am trying to improve myself and get better at drawing. 

I think I am much better at drawing on a chromebook than on a piece of paper but because I had to draw a Kowhaiwhai, I thought it would be easier on paper that on chromebook.

Now that you have seen my art, I think I should not be that embarrassed anymore because normally in Summer Learning Journeys, you have to show some art and in my personality, I like doing maths and arts. I was very surprised when I looked on to this blog to find out that there was art and maths! 

I am changing the topic! How rude of me. Anyway, I have a few questions for you guys to answer in the comments! Would you rather do maths or art? Do you like solving equations or do you like being creative? My last question is do you like doing both maths and art? Please reply back to me! I will see you guys in my next blog post!

For now, Peace Out!

  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Niska could you look at my blog It is Angel-Mey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Nishka,

    Your kowhaiwhai pattern is breathtaking. I love how it has koru growing out of koru.
    It looks fantastic, ka pai!

    Was it hard to make? How did you work out your design?

    I also really like how you’ve kept it black and white to make koru stand out!

    Keep up the incredible work and happy blogging!

    Ka kite anō,
    Shannon (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post