Pages

Saturday 29 December 2018

Week 2 Summer Learning Day 5

Activity 1

I think this is a fair rule ,and yes people should be charged for over fishing.It is fair because we should leave some fish in the area, so that they can breed and we can have more fish in the rivers and the ocean and it is also good for our eco system as tyhe fish cleans the rivers form the algae.

Activity 2

Some of the polluted rivers in New Zealand
1. Manawatu river and Ruamahanga river - in the wairarapa
2. Whakatane river - in the bay of plenty

Things that have been  done to improve water pollution

The government has urged people to :

1. conserve water - don't waste water in the bathroom and garden

2. dont't wash cars on driveways

3. don't wash away the concrete from the driveway into the drains.

4. don't use too much fertiliser and pesticides in the garden which can be swept away ion the rivers.

5. try and do organic gardening

6. please don't litter , use the bins provided for the rubbish.


Activity 3

 Fundraising to do in New Zealand to protect the great barrier reef

1.We can create a web page and request for peoples small contribution towards the awareness

2. we can organise a marathon for the great course

3. We can hold small baking fundraiser at schools to create awareness

4. We can create posters, editable posters and colouring posters and sell them online and in schools and shops


1 comment:

  1. Hi there Nishka,

    Awesome job on another Summer Learning Journey days activities completed.

    I think it's a fair rule as well as it's advertised that it's the law and if people chose to ignore it then they can't say they weren't informed. You have made a great point about protecting the ecosystem, do the fish like the algae? I definitely don't think I'd enjoy it!

    It's sad to see that some of our rivers are now polluted however it's great to see that plans are being put in place to clean and conserve them for the future. Do you ever go swimming at the rivers in your area? I used to go swimming at the Ashley River all the time as a kid.

    Until next time, happy blogging :)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post