Pages

Thursday 23 December 2021

SLJ (Summer Learning Journey) - Blog Post #5 - Building a Bridge

Hi there Bloggers! It is me, Nishka! Today I am going to be blogging for the Summer Learning Journey (again)! Anyway, today's blog post is about  'Building a Bridge'. I thought that this one was quite cool and I thought that I would give it a shot! It was actually quite challenging! 

I decided to make a Truss Bridge which can actually hold 32 ibs! I thought that that was quite heavy! While I was making the Truss Bridge, I thought... "What other Bridges could I make???". I just decided to make the Truss Bridge though. I made the Truss Bridge on a Google Drawing and I think that it looks awesome! What do you guys think? Please tell me your thoughts! Anyway, let me know show you!

Sooooooo, what do you guys think about this Truss Bridge? Comment down below! I would really appreciate your thoughts! What bridge would you make? How much pounds do you think it could hold? Comment below! I will see you guys in the next blog post! Bye! 

- By The one and ONLY, Nishka





1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora

    Nishka

    It is me Quein again, a blog commenter for the Manaiakalani Summer Learning Journey. Ka mau te wehi! It looks amazing!! I was very impressed with your work in your blog posts. I enjoyed the introduction in your blog posts and the clear and concise explanation of what bridge you made and the strength of your bridge.It is awesome to see that despite it being intalliy challenging you preserved and overcame the obstacles, these are excellent qualities to have and will serve you well in the future.

    Did you know that the oldest bridge in the world that is still used is a slab-stone single-arch bridge over the river Meles in Izmir in Turkey, which dates from c. 850 BCE.

    If you had to make a real bridge what materials would you use and why?

    Keep up the Super work and have a Super Summer!

    Ngā mihi,
    Quein


    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post