Pages

Sunday 9 January 2022

SLJ (Summer Learning Journey) - Blog Post #6 - Geometric Animal Art

Hi there Bloggers (or viewers)! Today I am going to be making some art but this isn't just some regular art, it is Geometric Art! Yes, I know, a lot of you may be asking why I haven't been blogging for such a looooooooooong time, well, it is because I kind of wanted a break from all of the stuff I needed to do. Also I had some of my ancestors come and visit us from Auckland! It was fun having them over! Okay, enough of the chit chat and back to the topic. For this Geometric Art, we had to make a Geometric Animal that reminded us of Summer! 
What reminded me of Summer was a Ladybug! I think that Ladybugs are very cute and that they are very energetic!I love the way that you can find a lot of them and the way the fly in the air! 

Now, you may have realised that I have been chit chattering a lot! It is now time for me to show you my mAstErpieCe 

Andddddddddd, that is my mAstErpieCe ✨ I am really proud of this! This is my first time doing this! Please comment down your opinion below if you like it! My questions are, what animal reminds you of Summer? Why? Comment down below and I will see you guys tomorrow! Byeeeee! 

- Nishka (aka, the bEst  )


4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Nishka,
    I am working as a facilitator in schools.
    I think you are right to be proud of your geometric artwork. I love the overall shapes you have used and I can see you have used the polyline tool to do the effective designs.
    Cicadas are the animals that make me think of summer. I really like that on a sunny day they all appear and make such a joyous racket!
    Ngā mihi,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Nishka,

    Welcome back! It’s great to hear you took some time off and had a lovely holiday! Rest and spending time with whanau is always very important.

    Well done on your geometric drawing! Did you find it tricky to draw this on the computer compared to on paper?

    I agree with you, ladybugs are very small and cute! I especially like the metallic blue coloured ones, they’re really cool to look at. I think cicadas remind me of summer because of how noisy they are in the trees during summer!

    I hope you are having a fantastic summer, keep up the great work.

    Ngā mihi,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Nishka! I really like your geometric ladybird art! A bird that reminds me of summer is the Welcome Swallow. I always look forward to our summer kayaking trips with the swallows swooping overhead and in and out of the channels along our local estuary.
    Glad to hear that you have had a good break - what did you get up to with your visiting whanau from Auckland?
    Nga mihi nui
    Naomi
    (Manaiakalani Facilitator)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Naomi! I am Nishka but commenting on my dads account! Thank you so much for commenting on my blog post!

      My family from Auckland and my family here were not doing much. They only stayed from 2 days but we had so much fun! We went out for dinner but something that annoyed me was when we had to stay up till 2:30 in the morning! I got so tired. Even my cousins! I am not going to complain though,because what matters is that they had fun and we also did!

      (sorry for commenting very late!)
      What do you plan on doing before school starts?
      Have a great weekend and I will reply to you next time!

      さよなら - (means 'bye' in Japanese!)
      Nishka

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post