Pages

Wednesday 10 June 2020

Australian Stingless Bees

Kia ora! I am Nishka and I bet you already know that. Anyways, today I am going to show you my Australian Stingless Bee Upgrade/Work! So, instead of a bee having their regular wings, I gave it butterfly wings so that the bees regular wings don't make an annoying buzzing sound. Normally butterflies wings don't make any sound so I changed the bee wings to butterfly wings!

We have been learning this because not many people know about Stingless Bees! Let me tell you some facts about Australian Stingless Bees!

  • They like Tropical Climates
  • They are Hairy
  • Looks like a Fly
  • It is smaller than a Honey Bee
  • It is mainly black - little white
  • Pollen "basket" legs (their basket is their skinny legs)
  • They will travel 1 kilometer each day
  • It will be peaceful if it is left alone
  • Likes warmth
  • It visits different flowers and it doesn't really care what flower it goes to!

 Please check out my work I have been drawing!


So as you can see my masterpiece I have the butterfly wings in light blue and dark blue! I even put some polka dots! I added some other detail by adding a daisy flower and a bright yellow sun! 

Our class did a lot of research about them and now all of us know that Australian Stingless Bees were formed in 1822! We all still don't know who discovered them...




Hope you enjoyed my blog post! What have you learnt this week? Bye bloggers!

Nishka...









No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post